What is Translation?
Translation is a process of formation of Protein from mRNA template(synthesized by transcription).
- After the mRNA is synthesized by the process of Transcription, Its time for Protein Synthesis
- An enzyme Aminoacyl tRNA synthetase attaches tRNA to mRNA; a small ribosomal unit also attaches itself to the 5′ end of mRNA strand.
- The tRNA has 3- letter anticodon which matches the 3- letter codon on the mRNA template.
- tRNA moves along the mRNA until it finds a codon(matching pair) and the large sub ribosomal unit joins it.
- The first tRNA unit drops of its amino acid, breaks off and leaves to pick up another amino acid.
- tRNA after tRNA drop off their amino acids.
- This forms a chain of amino acids linked by peptide bonds.
- When the Ribosome reaches the stop codon, the polypeptide chain is released.